Toyota Safety and Driver Assistance Features
Guide to Toyota Safety and Driver Assistance Features
Safety is central to the design of each Toyota model. In addition to the vigilant design throughout the Toyota lineup, you can count on smart safety tech features for added protection, and modern Toyotas are available with a wide variety of state-of-the-art systems. The Toyota Safety Sense™ tech suite offers an impressive selection of driver assistance tools and safety provisions, so take a look at these tech options to see how Toyota keeps drivers safe wherever they go.
Toyota Safety Sense Tech
So, what is Toyota Safety Sense? It’s a suite of tech features made to detect hazards, alert you to risks, and even take action when needed to protect you and your passengers. The suite has gone through several iterations since its debut, and Toyota Safety Sense 3.0 offers tech features like these:
- Pre-Collision System: Using sensors to monitor the possibility of a collision, this tool alerts you to danger and can even engage the brakes if necessary. It can sense vehicles as well as pedestrians and cyclists and will initiate a forward collision warning when it detects that you might collide. If you don’t respond quickly, it can activate automatic emergency braking.
- Road Sign Assist: This tool uses a camera to read upcoming traffic signs like stop signs, speed limits, and more. It then displays an icon matching the sign on your dashboard’s display screen.
- Proactive Driving Assist: This feature detects curves and other cars via its radar and camera. If it detects that you need to change your speed around a curve or increase your following distance behind a vehicle, it can provide a light steering adjustment or brakes.
- Lane Tracing Assist: Utilizing Toyota’s dynamic cruise control, this feature monitors lane markers as well as the vehicles ahead of your car to deliver active driving assistance to keep your vehicle from venturing out of the correct lane.
- Lane Departure Warning: If this tool detects that your vehicle could cross over lane markings or the edge of the road at a speed over 30 miles per hour, it will cue an audio/visual alert. If you don’t act quickly, it can also correct your direction with its steering assist capability.
You can find these systems and more in a variety of new Toyota models. In addition to these tools, many Toyota vehicles are available with other safety tech options like front and rear parking sensors, automatic high beams, and dynamic radar cruise control.
Learn More about Toyota Safety at Our Dealership in Meridian, MS
Toyota has the tools and tech to help you stay safe and sound on the roadways of Meridian and beyond, so come see what’s available on the model you want here at our dealership. At Toyota of Meridian, our team will show you around our new Toyota selection to help you discover the car, SUV, truck, or minivan that has the safety features that matter most to you. Come explore all your options here at 2900 Highway 39, North Meridian, Mississippi 39301.